Friday, February 5, 2010

Busy Happy Mama

Sorry for my lack of posting. It's not because things are going poorly. In fact, they're going really well. Sure I could use some additional sleep, but other than that I can't complain.

Caleb's bilirubin levels were normal when I took him to the doctor on Monday. They don't need to check him again until one month of age. He's looking and doing great! No more prayers needed on the "poop front." We're good. Seriously, you can stop praying now! Because of his Hemolytic Disease (which is the medical name for what he's dealt with), he still needs to be monitored until about two months of age, unlike other babies just dealing with jaundice which for them typically peaks by the seventh day of life. I'm not sure if I explained that before or not.

We're adjusting to life with a baby - how it affects parenting other children and homeschooling Ethan, but we're all happy to make whatever adjustments needed. Elijah has stepped up to the plate of being a big brother. Sure, he still has his moments, but for the most part I'm really impressed with how he's handling his new role.

I'm loving my little men more now that Caleb has entered our lives. I think about Felicity often as well, but haven't felt any overwhelming grief since Caleb's birth. I just look at him and trust in God's plan for our lives.

And yes, I'm still working on that birth story. Maybe it'll be ready to post this weekend?

3 comments:

Cortney Heath said...

So glad to hear things are going well. Im sure your very busy with 3 to care for. Rest up and enjoy the family =) Thanks again for the delivery they are great!

Ebe said...

I'm so glad to hear this. What a happy, exhausted, joyful home you must have!

Can we see some more pictures??!

love,
ebe

Missy said...

I am so glad things are going well! God is good!