Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Today

Today I will.....
  • continue to try to explain to Elijah why we can't do something "weawy, weawy, weawy, weawy, weawy, weawy (x5) fun" every day.
  • welcome Ethan home after being gone at his dad's for 9 days! We missed you, blonde boy!
  • Show Ethan how to clean out the caterpillar container and rejoice that I won't have to do it myself anymore!
  • wash a load of cloth diapers and hang them out to dry, since it's appearing today will be the perfect summer day (Perfect in my mind = 70s and sunny).
  • attempt to fold and put away 2-6 loads of laundry
  • attempt to finish up Caleb's scrapbook through 4 months
  • add a couple of pages to Ethan and Elijah's scrapbooks
  • tell Elijah to stop whining approximately 5,237 times
  • nurse Caleb too many times to count (therefore forgetting each time, which side he nursed on last)
  • Enjoy every nursing and snuggle session with Caleb.
  • Go outside with the boys
  • Make sandwiches and such for our field trip/park day tomorrow - we're going to be touring Rainbow Foods and learn about "healthy" eating.
  • Pull Caleb's thumb out of his mouth every 10 minutes.
  • And finish vacuuming

What are you doing today?

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Rachel,
I have never commented on your blog before, or at least I don't remember that I did. I'm not sure when I found your blog either. Sometime last year probably. I relate to a lot of what you have written about lately. I have two boys, age 4 1/2 and 3 1/2, and we lost our third child, our only daughter, Amelia, to stillbirth at 36 weeks, on Mother's day last year. We are expecting our fourth, a boy, on August 6th - (c-section date). I'm not sure why I have never left a comment before. Your daughter, Felicity, is beautiful.

Your post about "three boys - wow" is something I can relate to. They are making small talk, and being friendly, and I wish I could always tell them about Amelia with a smile. I battle with mixed feelings about who and when to tell about Amelia. Sometimes I just smile and say, "yup, three boys"... and leave it at that. My heart can't take it at that moment, to be open and honest about our precious baby girl. Maybe someday it will be easier.

I admire your bravery :)

I am nearing 34 weeks with this little miracle, and I am anxious about the emotions that a new baby will bring. I am so ready to hold him, and to share a living, breathing, cooing baby with Owen and Everett. Owen was a few months short of being 4 last year when Amelia died. He understood a lot more of the gravity of the situation than Everett, and when I talk about Amelia today, he still gets quiet. That is what I am looking forward to the most. He is such a tender-hearted boy, and will love this new little man.
I pray that your day (sounds full :) goes well, and that you enjoy your holiday weekend with all of your precious men.

Thank you for blogging.

Your sister in Christ,
Sherri