- We have been busy at VBS this week! The big boys are having a blast, though Elijah won't talk to his teachers or classmates. I find it humorous and very much his m.o. I've been hanging out in the un-air conditioned nursery cleaning and preparing it for a remodel. Today we are home because Ethan woke up with a fever.
- The humidity levels here have been hovering around 100% which makes it feel like Charleston, S.C. I visited there about 10 years ago and it was unbelievable. The ocean water was like bath water and the minute you walked outside you were dripping. I could never imagine living in a place like that.
- Caleb is sitting like a pro. He can pivot on his tummy and move pretty much anywhere. We have re-installed the gate at the top of the stairs and are bracing ourselves for the stage to come. You know, the one where you have to watch the baby like a hawk and train them well. We're of the camp that believes in "houseproofing the baby" rather than babyproofing the house.
- The plan is to start school next week. Should be interesting....
- My laptop screen died so I'm using Paul's which is uber-small, has certain keys in the wrong location, but is much faster than mine. Mine is now tethered to our office (read: room where Paul keeps all of his toys and stuff) where we have a spare monitor. Thus I have not completed all the record keeping things I had hoped to do before school starts.
- I'm feeling very disorganized these days. It always seems like I'm working on multiple projects at once and thus I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off minus the blood.
- Elijah can't seem to stop falling and hurting himself. I've never used our emergency first aid kit until the past couple weeks. Here's to hoping some of his current scabs heal before he falls and breaks them open again.
- Still thinking a lot about Felicity and in disbelief that it's almost been two years. Wonder when it won't feel so surreal.
- So happy about all my blogging friends and the new babies that have entered their lives healthy! Praise God!
- And lastly, I have 50+ tomatoes sitting on my counter all at various stages of ripening. The ground squirrels are eating them off the plants as soon as they are the slightest bit red, so I'm having to pick them daily. I'm thrilled about making pasta and pizza sauce soon and lots of it!
Fashion Friday: Edition it’s officially hot
2 days ago