Saturday, August 15, 2009

All is Well

We haven't had internet access since Wednesday. I was busy pounding out a long post and finally realized that blogger kept trying to save it unsuccessfully.

We think (and by we, I mean Paul, because I totally don't understand the workings of computers) that the modem died. Fortunately we came down to the cities today and I'm happily typing away at my mom's after checking my email (73 messages!) and facebook.

It's been a trying few days without email.

I'm surviving though, I admit.

I have no plans to make this a long post. I still have all of your blogs to catch up on, but I wanted to tell you all is well with Caleb. No issues after the amnio other than cramping. We bought a doppler to use at home so when I start to worry I can check and hear his little heart beating away. If you haven't ever lost a baby, just realize that no pregnancy is the same after a baby dies inside of you. I'm hoping we'll hear the results of the chromosomal study on Monday or Tuesday.

Now it's time to eat some lunch.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Rachel,
I'll admit that last night I was wondering, "Where is Rachel? I hope everything is ok!" So I was glad to see you on FB and your blog again! I actually had some trouble posting on Blogger this week, too. Lots of unsuccessful auto saves and it wasn't letting me post either. Perhaps it was a combo of your modem and blogger!
I'm glad all is well with Caleb. What a good idea to buy a doppler. I'll have to remember that next time!
I know I say this a lot, but I'm praying!
Molly

Tonya said...

I hate to hear about your computer, but it's SO good to hear from you! Still praying for you and Baby Caleb...

Heidi said...

I'm so glad to hear that your bought the doppler. We talked about it many times and never did it, but what a good reassurance!

Prayerfully waiting in anticipation to hear.