Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Need A Time Machine. . .

Yes, a time machine, something even my engineer husband can't build for me. You see, I want to jump a year into the future and see what our lives are like. I feel so stuck right now it seems and I just can't imagine how life is going to be.

Thankfully I read an encouraging post this a.m. from http://joyelizabethjones.blogspot.com/ and realize that it doesn't matter. I need to live for NOW, enjoy my boys TODAY, love my husband in THIS MOMENT. We are always going to be changed because of Felicity not being with us, but that's okay. Much like I'm not the same person since my first husband divorced me, I'm not the same person I was when Felicity was alive and well in my womb. And you know what, I don't want to be that person any more! I want to feel this sadness as hard as it is. And I want to eventually be stronger and more compassionate because of it. God will restore us, not to what we were, but to something even better, if we let Him have His way in our lives. Keep praying!

3 comments:

Billi Jo said...

The prayers will continue and prayers are being answered. Each day, each week will present it self differently, with different emotions, but you, my friend, are an inspiration in accepting your role in this process, and that is truly an answer to prayer. Thank you Jesus.

joolee said...

I shared your story and prayer request in my Bible study this morning.......started bawling like a baby of course, but your response to this situation was the perfect example of faith as we were studying Noah. You are being prayed for by so many.

Sharleen said...

Rachel,
I'm so glad you were encouraged. Thinking about you and praying for you all!!!
Peace & Blessings!
Sharleen