Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nesting!!!

I've attempted to post twice today and like many of you, I've been experiencing difficulties and proceeded to quit both times. Hopefully this time will work.

I'm nesting today!!! Hooray! I thought maybe it wouldn't happen to me, but the desire to get things done kicked in big time this a.m. I'm taking my 1st break of the day, which is highly unusual at this "late" hour.

Since getting up, I've vacuumed almost the entire main level, including using the floor attachment to do edges and in hard to reach places. I organized our pantry and cleaned the counters, spraying them with *gasp* a chemical to make them look shinier. I changed the sheets on our bed and cleaned the boys' room and closet. I started a bag of things to donate to Goodwill and I started a roast in the crockpot for supper. I'm amazed at this level of temporary energy, especially after an exhausting day yesterday.

After doing school in the morning yesterday, the boys and I left to head to the cities. I had a rescheduled appt. with my midwife at 1:30. We stopped at the bank and opened a saving account for Elijah and ate lunch and got gas. At my appointment, my midwife had trouble palpating baby's position, even doing a internal exam to see if that would clarify things. Unfortunately, it didn't and she posed the idea of me going for an ultrasound to verify baby's position, (I haven't had one since 12 weeks and I'm almost 39 weeks now) so that if baby was breech, we would know ahead of time and could work on turning baby as well as have another midwife assist in the case of a breech birth. So, off we hurried 20 miles away to get an ultrasound before the end of the day and the start of the weekend. All is well and baby is NOT breech! (The location of my placenta makes it hard to feel baby's head.) We did not find out the gender, but believe me I was looking even though we told the technician we didn't want to know. The coolest thing was seeing hair!!! My babies are usually pretty bald, with some fuzz on top and a mullet in back, ("Business in front, party in the back!") so the idea of having a baby with actual hair is weird. It was quite a long day by the time we got home.

We're hoping this weekend is the big event! That way Paul has a whole week off and another weekend before having to go back to work. Plus, it makes it a lot easier for everyone else to get here.

No comments: