I couldn't help myself! The opportunity to post such a funny title was too much to pass up! I assume most of my readers are women, so why not?
Anyway, we've been posed with the question about whether or not to strip my membranes. As unpleasant as this sounds and I've read about it a bit on the internet, I am really tempted at this point. All my herbal "interventions" have yet to work, so that is what I'm left with.
Now I do have a reason to consider this "procedure." Elijah was a large baby and there were some shoulder issues. (I can't think of the medical term and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to spell it correctly.) My midwife is concerned with the size of the baby and he/she growing larger. (Elijah was born at this point and was 9.3) We are opting to wait at this point, but will probably go ahead with it on Friday or Saturday if things haven't happened by that point.
My parents will be home on Saturday afternoon and are planning on stopping here on the way as they will need their boy "fix" after not seeing Ethan and Elijah for over two weeks. At least when they see this new baby, chances are he/she will be only a few days or less old.
I know all is in God's hands and I'm so thankful to have made it to this point with a healthy baby. I just read a blog of a gal who lost her unborn baby even though she was well into her 2nd trimester and they really don't have any clue as to why it happened. I cried for her and I have never even come remotely close to experiencing that kind of loss. I apologize to you all for being such a complainer these past few weeks. I have so much to be thankful for!
Fashion Friday: Edition it’s officially hot
2 days ago